Friday 16 May 2008

The Blog Idea

200 words every 2 days for 2 weeks

Can we create a compelling short story together?

To begin 1st June 2008!

I thought I’d like to begin a new short story. An interactive story.

Would you like to play?

The idea is this:

On 1st June 2008, I will post 200 words, the opening to a brand new experimental short story, which I hope that you will continue by providing the next 200 words. After 2 days (3rd June), I’ll read the responses and choose just one to carry on from with my next 200 words. Then it will be your turn again. And so on.

At the end of 2 weeks, we should have written approximately 2, 800 words between us. And who knows where we’ll have ended up.

Perhaps we’ll have a complete, and even compelling, short story.

Perhaps we’ll have something else entirely . . .

However it emerges, I promise to publish the whole, joined together piece on my website http://www.megantaylor.info/

Can't wait to see where this will take me. I hope that you'll come too.


19 comments:

Beth said...

Oooh that sounds fascinating! I can't wait to join in :)

Caroline said...

Lovely to see you here honey.

x

Megan said...

b - yes please! Please join in. That would be wonderful - thank you

Caroline - Cheers for visiting and for posting my very first comment! I am feeling a little bit excited (;

S D Everington said...

The blog's looking good and a fabulous new website! Did you really do it yourself?? x

Megan said...

Cheers Shanta! And yes, I did (well, almost anyway)It was one of those step-by-step instant site things and I only swore a little bit,
Mx

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I'm in!

Unknown said...

Megan - this sounds like fun and like Dan, I'm in. Look forward to starting.

Megan said...

Cheers Tunde and Dan - that's great!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it Megan. You could be inundated with submissions though! Are we to post them as comments, like this?

Megan said...

Yes please!

Anonymous said...

Raring to go Megan!

Mickey xx

Megan said...

Brilliant, Michael - welcome!

Rose Red Art said...

Hi, I was invited to join in by Caroline. I love this idea and can't wait to have a go!

Great idea!!

Rachel Green said...

I'm in :)

Thanks for the incite, Caroline.

umm... invite, too.

Megan said...

Thank you so much for joining in! (and thank you too, wonderful Caroline)I can't wait to get started . . .

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

Megan - I hope I'm meant to be here? Sweet Caroline invited me but I'm a dyslexic, novice writer so it could all be an embarrassing mistake on my part.

It's such a cool idea anyway.

Megan said...

Fiona - it's great that you're here, thank you so much for joining in!!!

Jon M said...

Sounds curious, sort of writing ping pong!

Megan said...

jon m - yes! It's pinging and it's ponging, and the posts are all so amazing, I don't know how I'm going to decide where to bounce next!